Firmware 2.14 is posted for all current touch screen model HAPPY machines, including single-head models HCD2-1501, HCS2-1201 Voyager and HCH-701 Journey, and all current HCR3 touchscreen multi-head models (2, 4, 6, 8, 12 head and stretched field versions). This update encompasses features from previous (but not published) firmware 2.12 and firmware 2.13. Feature list is summarized below:
New Features in 2.14
- Bobbin Thread Counter: this useful new feature allows the operator to set an estimated bobbin life in stitches, which in turn causes the machine to display a bobbin consumption progress bar below the sewing progress bar, plus a selectable auto-stop feature that can be set to either a pre-determined point (past the preset bobbin life) or on the trim nearest the predicted bobbin runout.
- Modified cooling fan interval: increased cooling fan schedule to improve machine performance during heavy use
<h2>Instructions and Link to Perform the Update</h2>
- Click the appropriate link for your machine at the bottom of this post to download the correct ZIP file for your machine’s firmware. For 1-head models, this should be called “firmware214_7inch.zip”. For multi-head models, it should be called “firmware214_10inch.zip”Firmware update for HAPPY 1-head touch screen models only (HCD2, HCS2, HCH): CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Firmware update for HAPPY Multi-head touch screen models only (2, 4, 6, 8 and 12-head): CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file to a USB thumb drive. You’ll be prompted for a password. Enter the password “happy2251” to continue. The result should be a folder single folder called “UpdateFile” on your thumb drive.
- Insert the thumb drive with the extracted update into your machine.From the machine’s sewing (drive) screen, navigate to the main menu, press OTHER then VERSION.
- On the resulting screen, press UPDATE, which should then show the new version detected, then OK to continue the update process. The update will take place automatically and may take several minutes. The update is complete when the machine has automatically restarted successfully.Disclaimer: improper firmware update may disable your machine. Read instructions carefully before proceeding, and contact support.
Additional Note: The automated update procedure works best if your machine firmware version is at least 2.10 or newer (i.e. 2.10 or 2.11). You can check this Main Program version number either at the initial screen, or from the sewing screen, press the main menu -> OTHER -> VERSION. Also, if your machine does not display an “UPDATE” button on its “VERSION” screen, contact support for an alternate procedure.